BPOC is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining a highly qualified workforce.
Founded in 2008 to serve 17 organizations in San Diego’s renowned Balboa Park, BPOC helps museums and other art, science, and cultural organizations to make and implement cost-effective, sustainable technology decisions. With a model that has enabled small and mid-sized organizations in San Diego to reach a level of technical sophistication on par with cultural institutions of far greater resources, BPOC has expanded to serve a range of museums inside and outside of Balboa Park. As a registered public charity and technology partner for museums and cultural centers in Balboa Park and San Diego, BPOC works with clients ranging from volunteer-only institutions to larger museums.
BPOC is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, political belief, disability, veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.
- Status: Full time, hourly
- Hours: Monday – Friday, weekends- on call
- Pay: $20.44 - $25.24 an hour
- Benefits: 100% medical and dental, and vision, 15 vacation days, 10 sick days, 11 holidays per year
- Start Date: ASAP
- Reports to: Manager of Technology Services
The Balboa Park Online Collaborative (BPOC) is a non-profit IT service and support organization located in Balboa Park. Our major clients are the museums and cultural organizations in the park. We seek a Systems Administrator who will be a dedicated, analytical, proactive individual with strong interpersonal and project management skills. The systems administrator will be responsible for provisioning, installing, configuring, operating and maintaining hardware and software systems for the Balboa Park Online Collaborative and our clients. This individual is responsible for Windows, VMWare, Linux and Mac operating systems, including both workstations and servers that support a wide range of software applications including antivirus and backup software as well as museum- and nonprofit-specific technologies.
responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Engineer solutions for various project and operational needs;
- Install new / rebuild existing physical and virtual servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements;
- Design and build virtual server environments;
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures;
- Contribute to and maintain system standards;
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale;
- Resolve problems within established practices;
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups;
- Work largely independently to respond to calls and requests for problem resolution or service. Attempt to resolve issues remotely first, in person if necessary, and finally through detailed diagnostics up to and including OEM support;
- Manage accounts in Active Directory, Microsoft Office 365, Google Apps, and some specialized software systems under the direction of senior IT staff and client liaisons;
- Assist more senior BPOC IT staff as directed on special IT projects;
- Document all IT support related tasks, best practices, and support documentation in Redmine (ticket tracking system);
- Monitor IT ticketing system to identify incoming requests or areas where other IT staff may need assistance;
- Implement preventive maintenance projects to reduce service desk calls;
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions;
- Design and implement preventive maintenance projects to reduce service desk calls;
- Ensure protection for and storage of client data, including the archival or removal of old data, in accordance with established practices;
- Investigate and troubleshoot issues (in person, via telephone, or remote session as needed) that are escalated from the IT Support Technicians and Interns;
- Act as technical advisor and vendor liaison on a wide variety of projects, including multimedia projects, in-gallery displays, collections management systems (including library systems), digital asset management, customer relations management, financial and ticketing systems;
- Provide systems documentation;
- Anticipate problems and suggest solutions, including cloud-based solutions;
- Work closely with colleagues to meet team goals and improve processes and practices;
- Remain current on emerging technologies via professional groups, trade magazines, internal and external training, independent research and study, and other avenues available;
- Rapidly respond to emergency situations both during and outside of normal business hours, as requested;
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years of systems administration experience managing Windows and other OS environments, including Active Directory and Office 365, or suitable combination of certifications and experience;
- Extensive experience designing, implementing and managing virtual infrastructure (VMware preferred);
- Intermediate to advanced networking skills;
- Experience with SAN management;
- Knowledge of VoIP;
- Experience in a fast-paced support environment in a campus network as a member of a 24x7x365 network systems operations team;
- Ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technologies and products independently using documentation and online resources;
- Strong oral and written communications skills;
- Desire to work in non-profit environment;
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Sitting, Grasping, Walking, Traveling, Bending/stooping, Kneeling, Reaching outward, Pushing/pulling (Usual amount 15 lbs (estimate)/Max amount 60 lbs (estimate), Squatting/crouching, Manual dexterity, Crawling, Lifting (Usual amount 15 lbs (estimate)/Max amount 40 lbs (estimate), Balancing, Standing, Driving, Carrying (Usual amount 10 lbs (estimate)/Max amount 20 lbs (estimate), Climbing, Reaching Above Shoulder
This job description is intended as a guide to the general job responsibilities and is not inclusive of every duty the employee is expected to perform.
Click here to apply : (https://indeedhi.re/2MknP2I)