BPOC is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining a highly qualified workforce.
Digital Projects Producer/Developer
Balboa Park Online Collaborative-San Diego, CA
Status: Full time, hourly
Hours: Monday – Friday
Pay Range: $19.50-$20.50/hour
Benefits: 100% medical, dental, and vision, 15 vacation days, 10 sick days, 11 holidays per year
Start Date: October, 2018
The Digital Projects Producer/Developer is an entry-level position that works on a variety of digital projects and initiatives, with an emphasis on the technical, development and data side. Projects range from website development, content administration, web programming, rich media production, digitization, collections and digital asset management, web and social media metrics, and data analysis and visualization.
This position will provide exposure to a variety of roles and responsibilities from assisting with client liaison, project management and coordination, through digital media and content production to data capture, visualization and analysis. BPOC is a mission-driven, small, but focused non-profit, working with a wide range of museums and cultural organisations in Balboa Park, in greater San Diego, and beyond.
The successful candidate will be digitally ambitious and have basic familiarity in a range of digital domains; be passionate about the non-profit cultural community; be highly organized and deadline-driven; comfortable working on multiple projects with competing deadlines; share a passion for increasing institutional, educational and public access to cultural heritage content; possess excellent writing and communication skills and a desire to learn and be challenged.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Participate in data capture, data management and data visualization projects;
- Work on website planning, wire-framing, and website construction with some entry-level HTML coding and scripting;
- Participate on defining project goals, timeline, roles, responsibilities, resources, and measures that will lead to the successful completion of digital projects;
- Administer a variety of online digital applications and tools including Domain.com, GSuite, Drupal, WordPress, Statamic, Tableau, Slack, etc.;
- Process and manage digital media resources using a variety of creative tools; in coordination with IT staff, monitor storage and ongoing hardware needs for digital assets and projects;
- Perform software and hardware training on digital tools and software as needed;
- Draft or review a wide variety of documents including project proposals, project reports, grant applications, user documentation, reports for funding organizations;
- Research digital applications, platforms and tools;
- Participate in dissemination of project reports at conferences and symposia;
- Help liaise with partner institutions on a variety of projects and services, at a variety of staff levels;
- Help to coordinate freelance and consultant work;
- Provide external service providers with access to digital assets and collection information;
- Monitor client ticketing system for related issues; monitor production websites to ensure proper functionality;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree and demonstrable experience in one or more of the skillset areas; or an equivalent combination of education and experience; Master’s degree in Museum Studies or Library Science a plus;
- Fluency with GSuite and Microsoft products; and entry-level HTML coding and scripting a plus;
- Experience coordinating or working on digital and digital media related projects;
- Basic understanding of information and content management practices;
- The ability to plan, make assignments and monitor performance;
- Developed analytic, problem-solving and decision-making skills;
- Experience in working effectively both independently and as a member of a team;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, flexible, and comfortable working with people from all levels of an organization.
- Reaching outward
- Manual dexterity
- Reaching Above Shoulder
- Pushing/pulling: Usual amount 15 lbs (estimate) - Max amount 60 lbs (estimate)
- Lifting: Usual amount 15 lbs (estimate) - Max amount 40 lbs (estimate)
- Carrying: Usual amount 10 lbs (estimate) - Max amount 20 lbs (estimate)
This job description is intended as a guide to the general job responsibilities and is not inclusive of every duty the employee is expected to perform.
BPOC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $19.00 to $20.50 /hour
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
Founded in 2008 to serve 17 organizations in San Diego’s renowned Balboa Park, BPOC helps museums and other art, science, and cultural organizations to make and implement cost-effective, sustainable technology decisions. With a model that has enabled small and mid-sized organizations in San Diego to reach a level of technical sophistication on par with cultural institutions of far greater resources, BPOC has expanded to serve a range of museums inside and outside of Balboa Park. As a registered public charity and technology partner for museums and cultural centers in Balboa Park and San Diego, BPOC works with clients ranging from volunteer-only institutions to larger museums.
BPOC is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, political belief, disability, veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.